Module One -
Establishing a Culture of Learning for Children and Families
Module Two -
Principles of Effective Practice – the Learning Programme
Module Three -
Principles of Effective Practice – the Learning Environment
Module Four -
Principles of Effective Practice – Learning Partnerships
Module Five -
Quest for the most engaging Family Friendly cultural space
CREATIVE FAMILY COURSE
Are you an aspirational, family friendly arts centre, gallery or museum seeking to become more purposeful in engaging with families and their children?
The Creative Family™ programme unpacks the four key principles of engaging and supporting family learning in museums and galleries and enables delegates to build a successful family learning environment based on their own practice. This course is designed to transform your family friendly environment and improve your programmes and practice.
Ideal for for museum and gallery curators, education teams, programme managers, volunteer managers, front of house teams, designers and architects, marketing and PR teams, and visitor service teams. The course takes place in your own venues.
What will I learn on this course?
The Creative Family is a week long course covering all the essential elements of establishing a culture of family learning at the heart of your arts centre, museum or gallery practice.
You will learn how to communicate in the most effective ways with families and early years settings to build relationships, tailor the programme and environment, and retain loyal, repeat visitors. We will also explore international case studies of museums and galleries who have developed hugely successful family remits.
Each of the programme elements can also be delivered as individual training days, making them more accessible for smaller museums and galleries, or as part of a wider training programme such as at a sector conference.
By the end of the course, you will have...
- Discovered how families learn in museums and how to successfully scaffold this
- Increased your confidence in programming developmentally appropriate activities
- Experienced a range of engagement strategies used in the most successful museums
- Investigated how sensory learning spaces should be designed for families with young children
- Understood how to communicate directly with families to increase repeat visits
- Become competent in observation, documentation and assessment of the learning taking place
- Moved even closer to outstanding provision
For your children and families, you will see...
- Higher engagement and improved feedback
- Deeper sense of value and enjoyment during visits
- Calmness and focus in exploring collections and environments
- Accelerated progression in SEND and PMLD children
- Increased enthusiasm and excitement for repeat visits
- Consistently high visitor numbers for family programmes