Module One: Creative Brains and Bodies
- How babies’ brains and bodies are formed
- The impact of creativity on early brain development
- The seven pathways through which young children learn
- What happens to babies’ brains when communication breaks down?
- The importance of music, dance, story and drawing in early learning
- The impact of cultural experiences on cognitive, physical, social and emotional development
Module Two: Creative Play
- Different play styles and how to spot them
- How to stimulate creative thinking in children’s play
- Understanding Gardener’s Multiple Intelligences in play
- Using open-ended and sensory objects to enhance creativity
- Developing creative spaces for learning through play
Module Three: Creative Behaviours
- Understanding children’s negative and positive behaviours
- Scaffolding positive behaviour management through role play
- Understanding children’s basic and more complex needs and what influences their needs
- Using the arts to build independence, mastery and self-regulation
- Conflict resolution for challenging behaviours
- Supporting children with special educational needs or disabilities
- Refining your behaviour management policy
Module Four: Creative Assessment
- Can we measure children’s creativity?
- Identifying what creative thinking and learning look like
- Understanding and assessing deeper level learning
- Using Ferre Laevres’ Well Being and Involvement scales
- Observation and documentation of children’s creativity
Module Five: Creative Communications
- Understanding attachment and emotional intelligence
- Interpreting non-verbal communications through active listening
- Using story to enhance attachment and shared communications
- Encouraging language development using creative techniques
- Building creative partnerships with parents
- Capturing family learning using Journey Sticks
- Exploring creative communication skills through music
CREATIVE TEACHER COURSE
Are you an aspirational early childhood educator seeking to become highly creative in your teaching practice?
The Creative Teacher™ programme is a rigorous training course designed by Earlyarts, consisting of five modules covering the latest research and best practice in early education and creative pedagogies. This course is designed to transform your learning environment and improve your teaching practice.
Ideal for early years and foundation stage teachers, KS1 or Grade 1 teachers, early years practitioners, nursery professionals, home educators and child carers.
What will I learn on the course?
By exploring the characteristics of creative and critical thinkers, understanding how creativity impacts on learning from birth, transforming creative spaces for learning and developing innovative teaching strategies, teachers will build a powerful toolkit to extend learning in key subjects and significantly improve children’s outcomes.
Each module includes interviews with experts, current research and thinking on creative theories, ideas for new creative teaching strategies, inclusivity strategies to support SEN-D children, case studies of creativity in action, recommended resource lists and further reading.
By the end of this course, you will have
- Increased confidence to nurture children’s innate creativity
- Increased expertise on why creative pedagogies work
- Inspiration to consider what’s possible in any situation
- Ability to meet and exceed your early learning goals
- Competence in observation, documentation and assessment
- A move even closer to outstanding provision
For your children, you will see
- Higher engagement and improved outcomes
- Deeper sense of self-belief and self-worth
- Calmness in working in teams or individually
- Accelerated progression in SEND and PMLD children
- Increased enthusiasm and excitement for learning